The highlights of version 3.5 of Mobile Servicedesk are
- searching for incidents. It’s now possible to find incidents (including closed ones) using a simple free text based query form in the app.
- fixes for Symantec Servicedesk 7.5 SP1. SP1 introduced some breaking API changes which are now seamlessly handled by the app. Note that some additional work is required, check out this post.
Mobile Servicedesk update for Symantec Servicedesk 7.5 SP1
Symantec Servicedesk 7.5 SP1 introduced some security hardenings that are incompatible with Mobile Servicedesk 3.4 and previous.
In order to use Mobile Servicedesk with SP1 some changes are required:
- the app must be upgraded to version 3.5
- some changes must be applied to the Symantec Servicedesk 7.5 SP1 installation as described below
Note that version 3.5 will seamlessly detect wether SP1 is active or not.
Required changes in Symantec Servicedesk 7.5 SP1
Create missing rights in the system
- Navigate to https://<servicedesk>/ProcessManager/Userman/PermissionList1.aspx as administrator.
- Create the right Application Properties.Access
Note that the right ApplicationProperties.Access (no spacing between Application and Properties) already exists. Unfortunately, due to a bug (?) in SP1, this right is not used, but instead the right we created above.
In order for users to have access to the App, they must have the right Application Properties.Access.
The simplest way here is to assign that right to all the groups to which app users belongs.
Note that this is typically not necessary for members of the Administrators group.